The AFP Silicon Valley Chapter offers you an exciting opportunity to transform your fundraising career through its acclaimed Mentorship Program.
The Mentorship Program formalizes a mentoring relationship in a structured program that offers one-on-one coaching sessions committed to meeting your personal and career goals. Our Chapter’s program is known for its personalized approach and organized structure, resulting in a mutually beneficial relationship for both mentee and mentor.
Apply to be a 2018 mentee or mentor to:
- Receive thoughtful individualized coaching from a seasoned AFP Member.
- Expand your fundraising knowledge and expand your skill set to new areas of development.
- Give back to our community by nurturing the talents of future fundraising leaders.
- Network with other incredible and supportive fundraising professionals.
“My mentor gave me invaluable feedback. This experience has been pivotal for my career.” – Mentee
“Thanks for inspiring my leadership and giving me the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.” – Mentor
How to Participate:
Mentors and mentees are requested to actively participate in the six-month program, committing two interactions per month as they work together on key issues that are important to the mentee's success and the success of the organization they serve. The program will start on May 3 and end in November with a concluding ceremony in December.
This program is a member benefit and all mentees and mentors must be current AFP members to participate.
Applications for Mentees and Mentors are open!!
We are using an online application system. Deadline date for all applications is Friday, April 20, 2018. Apply today!
MENTEES should apply by clicking here: Mentee Application Form
MENTORS should apply by clicking here: Mentor Application Form
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- It's best to review the online application form and have your responses ready before starting to enter data.
- The system will allow pasting from other programs into the application's text fields.
- Please note matching will be completed to the best of the Chapter’s ability based on your areas of development and your mentor’s expertise. The information in this online application will be shared with your mentor.
- You will receive a confirmation of your participation and match prior to the start of the program.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 744-0412