The AFP Silicon Valley Chapter offers you an exciting opportunity to transform your fundraising career through its acclaimed Mentorship Program.
The Mentorship Program, which runs from April through October, formalizes a mentoring relationship in a structured program that offers four group workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions committed to meeting your personal and career goals. Our Chapter’s program is known for its personalized approach and organized structure, resulting in a mutually beneficial relationship for both mentee and mentor.
Apply to be a 2017 mentee or mentor to:
- Receive thoughtful individualized coaching from a seasoned AFP Member.
- Expand your fundraising knowledge and expand your skill set to new areas of development.
- Give back to our community by nurturing the talents of future fundraising leaders.
- Network with other incredible and supportive fundraising professionals.
“My mentor gave me invaluable feedback. This experience has been pivotal for my career.” – Mentee
“Thanks for inspiring my leadership and giving me the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.” - Mentor
How to Participate:
Mentors and mentees are requested to actively participate in the six month program including all four workshops, and committing two hours per month as they work together on key issues that are important to the mentee's success and the success of the organization they serve.
The four workshops will be held at Project Hired, 1401 Parkmoor Ave., Suite 125, San Jose, CA 95126 from 11:30am-1:30pm on Thursdays, April 27, June 22, August 24 and October 26.
Both AFP members and Non-Members are invited to participate as a mentee. All mentors must be current AFP members.
Professional Development Scholarship funds available for current AFP Silicon Valley Chapter members.
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- It's best to review the online application form and have your responses ready before starting to enter data.
- The system will allow pasting from other programs into the application's text fields. Remember to use the "Save & Next" button at the bottom of the question pages.
- Payment for the mentee application is required online (MasterCard/Visa/AmEx). If you are unable to pay online, please email email@example.com or call (408) 744-0412.
- Member discounts are subject to verification of current AFP membership at the time of application. Please be sure your AFP membership is current. If you are not receiving the discount you feel you should receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 744-0412. If we are able to verify your membership, we will refund the difference.
- Please note matching will be completed to the best of the Chapter’s ability based on your areas of development and your mentor’s expertise. The information in this online application will be shared with your mentor.
- If you are not matched with a mentor, your mentee application fee will be refunded in full. You will receive a confirmation of your participation and match by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (408) 744-0412